It is our pleasure to announce Matilda 22 years from Sweden as this week’s Member.
She has been struggling with her food phobia and it has affected her weight. Now she is coping with her phobia and trying to get back on track.
Matilda is from Umeå in Northern Sweden, studying her Bachelor of Arts in Screenplay at Umeå University. One day she came to realize that her body wasn’t what it used to be and became motivated to do something about it.
- When I saw myself in a movie clip from a recording at the University I couldn’t believe it was me. I realized that I had to do something about my lifestyle.
Matilda have had difficulties with food because she suffered from food phobia. Her food phobia is obstructing her from eating fruit and greens. This made it difficult for her to eat nutritious and stay healthy.
- When I moved away from home I completely lost control over my diet and my weight. Living next to a super market didn’t really help, when I was craving for sweets I could go at 9 o clock in the evening to buy something.
When did you start with ShapeUp Club and did you change something else?
- I’ve tried ShapeUp Club previously, but on June the 11th 2012, I decided to set proper goals and really do something about my weight. I began to control my food intake and I also started to exercise.
Matilda has tried many diets and programs, but couldn’t find anything that was suitable for her. According to her, it was mostly because a lot of them prevent her from eating food she enjoyed.
- ShapeUp Club doesn’t prevent me to eat things, I can choose what I want to eat and by having problems with fruits and veggies this felt like the best tool.
What is your goal and how do you motivate yourself?
- My goal is to reach a normal weight by losing 2kg a month and every time I lose 10kg I reward myself. I know it’s not good to reward yourself with sweets so I reward myself with Jeffrey Campbell shoes
Thank you so much for your time Matilda, any last words to the other members?
- The journey takes time, it won’t happen overnight. Stay patient, fight for it and you will be rewarded when you are done.
Follow Matilda on Instagram @maka90
If you are interested in becoming Member of the Week and share your story with other members click here (we invite everyone who wants to share their story towards a healthier life)
Before and after pictures of Matilda